Saturday, December 23, 2017

Crazy Times

Everyone is home, Christmas decorations and preparations are everywhere, the oven is on, the presents are wrapped, and I think we’re going to make it!  This year, I made an effort not to fret about what didn’t get done each day. So what if we’re only starting Christmas baking now?  With both big girls helping, I know there will be plenty to eat.

Now if I could only find my camera, which disappeared sometime last week when I was recuperating from that pesky headache.

Garden Party is finished!  I have plans percolating on revisiting this quilt again some day.  (They may or may not include some Vicki Welsh shade packs.)  I love the blocks and how quickly everything works up.  The pattern is scaled down (less blocks) from Bonnie Hunter's Garden Party pattern.  I was able to stitch down pleats to tame my wavy borders.  I don't think any of my blues bled into the white, so that's fabulous.

Now it's off to start a new project, if I can just catch a moment to myself.  Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours!

Be sure to spend a few moments of quiet and check out the finishes this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

AnnieQuilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnieQuilts said...

Have you tried Shout "Color Catchers?" I wouldn't wash a quilt without one!

(reposted with spelling correction)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Garden Party is a scrappy beauty! Have fun baking and with your family this Christmas! And hope you also find a few moments to yourself now and then!

Deb A said...

Beautiful quilt. So fun when the kids get old enough to really help out. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy all the little moments.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on a stunning finish. I can't believe that you are giving it away!! Or did you have a change of heart now that it's done? I wouldn't blame you one bit!!

Kate said...

Garden party turned out beautifully! Wishing you a very happy holiday. Enjoy the madness, they all grow up way to quickly.

Angie said...

Garden Party turned out great - love all the color and movement! Who cares about a few pesky tucks!

Monica said...

Congratulations, Garden Party turned out beautifully! This quilt is definitely on my to do list too. I'm glad to hear that it went well!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on a fabulous finish.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...